Bladder Infection in Women
A bladder infection is an infection in the urinary tract (urethra and urinary bladder) of women. The disease is generally caused by a bacterial infection of the urinary tract and is medically known as cystitis. The disease is prevalent among the women who are sexually active, but may also be seen in women who are sexually inactive. Some of the common bladder infections are:
- Traumatic Cystitis: This is the most common form of bladder infection in women. It is caused by the bruising of the bladder during sexual intercourse. The bruise is susceptible to bacterial attack, particularly the coliform bacteria which are transferred from the bowel to the urinary bladder through the urethra.
- Interstitial Cystitis: This kind of bladder infection is caused by a physical injury to the bladder and it rarely involves bacterial infection. The cause of interstitial cystitis or bladder injury is not known, it is believed to be caused as a result of an autoimmune disorder.
- Eosinophilic Cystitis: It is a rare form of urinary tract or bladder infection. It is considered as a form of interstitial cystitis and may be triggered by certain medicines. It is characterized by the infiltration of the bladder wall with a high number of eosonophiles which are a kind of red blood cells.
- Hemorrhagic Cystitis: It is caused as a side effect of some kind of therapies like cyclophosphamide therapy.
An infection of the bladder may be cured by following home remedies, some of which are as follows:
- You are advised to consume a lot of fluids as fluids are diuretic in action and as such, may help to flush the infectious bacteria out of the urinary tract.
- You must consume foods with Vitamin C as it helps in making the urine acidic which in turn serves to potentially reduce the population of harmful bacteria in the urinary tract.
- You may consume cucumber juice, mixed with lemon juice and honey to cleanse your urinary tract and thereby alleviate the symptoms of the ailment.
- You may also consume a cup of the juice of radish leaves every morning on an empty stomach.
- You are recommended to consume lemon juice in hot water in order to relieve the pain and burning sensation of the urinary tract.
- You may consume spinach juice with coconut water to relieve the symptoms of a bladder infection.
It is recommended that you must consult a doctor in case of a bladder infection so as to find the cause of the ailment and then cure it.