Natural Skin Care Products and Cosmetics
Homemade skin care recipes and remedies are becoming increasingly popular as these products are relatively inexpensive. Moreover, as they are made from natural ingredients, they have no side effects and are much more effective. Applying vegetables and fruits to your skin and hair is an ancient way of taking care of your beauty and enhancing it. You never know exactly what is used in the beauty products that you purchase over the counter. However, when you prepare something from the natural resources for your beauty, you are sure of the ingredients that you use. These natural skin care ingredients are also very easily available. Besides, the difference between natural skin care products and cosmetics which are artificially made is that the natural products tend to be gentle on the skin and do not harm the skin.
Some of the main ingredients used to make natural skin care products are honey, baking soda, toothpaste, olive oil, yoghurt, cucumber, parsley. Aloe vera and tea tree oil is also very good natural skin care oils. Each of these ingredients works in different ways; some work as moisturizers, some as facial masks and other as antiseptics. Some of the natural skin care products are as follows:
- Baking soda when added to your shampoo is used to get rid of any styling products in your hair.
- In order to make your color last longer and condition your hair, you should add some white vinegar to the water that you use to rinse the color from your hair.
- Beat 2 raw eggs and apply the mixture to damp hair it acts as a conditioner. Leave it on for 5 - 10 minutes and then rinse well.
- You could make an aloe vera moisturizer at home by mixing equal proportions of raw aloe vera gel and mineral or distilled water. Heat this mixture in a double broiler or nonstick pan until it forms a creamy mixture. This mixture works wonders for dry, sore and sunburned skin. You can also apply it on your elbows, knees or any area on your body where the skin is rough.
- Olive oil could also be used in many ways. You can add half a cup of olive oil and some drops of lavender oil to your bath water and enjoy a relaxing moisturizing soak. It also helps moisturize dry skin on areas such as the knees and elbows.
- If you have dry rough hands then take a little olive oil and sugar and rub your hands till the sugar dissolves and then wash your hand with some warm water.
- You can get rid of chapped lips with a dab of olive oil on your lips.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
More articles from the Beauty Category