Drink 3-4 glasses of water to replenish the fluids lost from the body cells due to alcohol. Next day morning try these simple remedies.
- Ginger root is very potent for reducing nausea/vomiting caused by hangovers. Simply have a glass of ginger ale (sugar, limejuice, ginger juice and water) or have a ginger tea with honey and lime in it.
- The fructose present in fruit juice helps to get rid of the alcohol faster from your body. Have a glass of orange juice, apple juice or lime juice.
- Eat a cracker along with the juice or tea if you feel very nauseated.
- Go bananas; the potassium in bananas will help you to overcome a hangover.
Remember these tips to avoid a hangover in future.
- Drink slowly. Sip a drink in an hour. This will help avoid alcohol reaching the brain faster.
- Avoid adding carbonated/sweet drinks to your alcohol, or even having sweet things with your drink; as the sweet taste of the drink/food can make it difficult for you to judge how much alcohol you're actually consuming.
- It is wise to eat something with the drink and after drinking, as the carbohydrates will help to reduce alcohol absorption.
- Drink wisely, don't over do.
answered by S P on Apr 20, 2007, 4:12:28