- Mix honey with a tsp of ginger powder and give this to your child 3 times a day.
- Prepare mild herbal tea using water, tea, freshly grated ginger, honey, and 1 whole pepper. Give him 1 ounce of this tea daily.
- Encourage intake of fluids like warm water, hot vegetable soups and chicken soups/broths with garlic. This will help him in terms of energy as well as protein (from chicken) and boost his immune system.
- Avoid cold foods, cold water, cola/caffeinated drinks, wafers/fried foods, chocolates and candies. Consumption of these foods will worsen his condition.
- Steam inhaled from boiling water with caraway seeds or a vaporizer 3-4 times a day will be very beneficial for his cold and cough. Be careful not to burn his skin and hold his hands to avoid any accident.
He might have caught infection in his eye. Consult a specialist to get that under control.
answered by S P on Apr 17, 2007, 5:27:33