Can boils be caused due to milk and milk products?

It is possible that milk and milk products would cause some kind of skin eruption if you are allergic to milk. Is there some reason for you to suspect that the cause of the boils is milk and milk products? Have you been diagnosed as lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy products? If you do have lactose intolerance, it will not manifest itself in the form of boils or any other sort of skin eruption. Lactose intolerance is what is known as a "non allergic food sensitivity", which basically means that your body is unable to metabolize lactose, a sugar that is found in most dairy products, including, of course, milk. Lactose intolerance only results in digestive problems, such as diarrhea, flatulence, bloating, and abdominal cramps. These symptoms may be mild or quite severe, but lactose intolerance will never result in symptoms such as a skin rash or respiratory problems.

On the other hand, if you have an allergy to milk and milk products, it is possible that this would lead to outbreaks of skin rashes and boils. If the boils or rashes appear immediately after you consume any dairy products, then it is almost a certainty that you have a dairy allergy. However, in many cases, the reaction is delayed and can occur after a few hours, or in rare cases, even a day or two later. The best way to find out for sure whether you have a dairy allergy is to visit an allergist or allergy specialist, who will perform either skin testing or blood testing to detect any allergies. These tests are very sensitive and effective, and have a very high chance of detecting any allergies that you may have. You will thus be able to find out whether it is milk and milk products that are causing these boils, or whether there is something else that you are allergic to. If it turns out that the boils are indeed an allergic reaction, the simplest and most effective way to handle the problem is to avoid the allergen - whether it is dairy products or something else, you will just need to avoid consuming or using the substance in any way. In the long term, it is also possible that the allergy will pass and you will be able to return to your normal diet and lifestyle. However, if for some reason this is not possible, you can ask the allergy specialist about the possibility of using immunotherapy treatments.

answered by M W

Warning: does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. see additional information
Read more questions in Health Advice