Get Glowing Pink Lips Naturally
Unfortunately, few of us can hold on to the baby pink lips we were born with. Due to exposure to the sun and aging, the natural pink color gradually darkens. Other reasons for dark lips include smoking or an over consumption of beverages such as wine, tea or coffee. Many cosmetics also cause the lips to darken. But all is not lost…there are ways to get naturally pink lips once more.
Home Remedies for Shining Lips
If you are unhappy with the color of your lips and yearn for lips that are pink and plump, following are some home tips for shining lips:
- Make it a habit to exfoliate your lips everyday. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and gently rub your lips to remove any buildup of dirt and dead cells.
- Soak a cotton ball with rose water and wipe lips clean to keep them soft and pink.
- A popular Ayurvedic remedy to treat dark skin on the lips is to mix a pinch of turmeric powder with a teaspoon of cold milk. Massage your lips daily with this paste for the best results.
- Honey is an excellent remedy for many skin problems. Honey helps moisturize dry and cracked skin and nourishes the skin cells. Simply rub a layer of honey over your lips before sleeping and wake up to brighter, softer lips.
- Mix a teaspoon of almond oil with a little bit of lemon juice. Apply this mix to your lips and allow it to dry before rinsing off with cold water. The lemon juice works as a natural cleanser and the almond oil moisturizes the skin from within.
- You can make your own lip scrub by mixing granulated sugar with some lemon juice. Use this concoction to scrub your lips and get rid of any dead cells and skin.
- An age-old trick to get pinker lips naturally is to rub some beet juice over your lips. The beet juice will stain the lips a perfect natural shade of pink without the worries of harsh chemicals and long-term damage that come with most commercially produced lipsticks. Grated carrots or pomegranate juice do the same trick.
- Use the peel of an orange to clean and exfoliate the skin of the lips. Compounds present in the orange peel helps lighten skin naturally and keep lips smooth and soft.
- A quick remedy is to rub an ice cube over your lips. This plumps the lips naturally and hydrates the skin as well.
- For a homemade lip balm, crush a few rose petals and mix into a paste with some cream. Apply this to your lips and leave for 15 to 20 minutes before washing off. Other excellent natural moisturizers for your lips are olive oil, castor oil, and vitamin E oil.
- Mash some fresh raspberries and add a spoon of honey and two spoons of Aloe Vera gel. Apply this paste to your lips and leave it on for five minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Apply the juice of mint and cilantro leaves on your lips to make them smooth and pink.
Tips to Prevent Dark Lips
- It is believed that the juice of raw potatoes can also help lighten the color of your lips.
- Avoid hot baths and showers as this can lead to dehydration and dryness of the skin on your body and your lips as well.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun and always wear sunscreen on your lips or lip balm with SPF to prevent cracked and dark lips.
- Reduce your intake of beverages such as tea, coffee, red wine, and colas that can stain your lips.
- Get regular face massages to improve circulation and prevent problems such as dry and darkened skin.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
More articles from the Beauty Category