2 year old boy who has been vomiting for two days, cannot keep food down and some liquids.

You have not mentioned what the two year old boy ate in the days before he began vomiting. Vomiting is usually an indication of an upset stomach. This could be a virus of some kind. Some times food poisoning also has this effect on people. I would suggest that you take the child to a doctor as soon as you can. Vomiting for such a long duration is not safe for most people and in the case of small children it can often prove to be fatal. You should rush the child to the doctor at once.

It is absolutely imperative that you ensure that the child is not dehydrated from so much vomiting. Ensure that the child drinks enough fluids. You can also try diluted fruit juices. These should be sipped by the patient. None of these juices should be cold since this could shock the sensitive stomach. Avoid carbonated drinks and food of any kind. Water is the best thing possible. However, adding a pinch each of sugar and salt in order to ensure that the child is able to replace nutrients that have been lost through the vomiting.

But the most important thing is not leaving a visit to the doctor till too late. You should rush the child to the doctor as soon as possible.

answered by M W

Warning: home-remedies-for-you.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. see additional information
Read more questions in Alternative Health