What are the common symptoms of mold inhalation?

Mould or mildew usually grows in warm, damp and dark areas in the house, office, showers and even walls. Constant exposure to mould can be harmful to one's health since it can cause a host of problems. Mould can even enter and start growing in the lungs, and even the blood vessels, causing the body's immune system to eventually break down. Common symptoms of toxic mould exposure include coughing, headaches, scratchy throat and blood in the lungs. The symptoms are observed more in elderly people and those with lower immune levels. Chronic and painful headaches are yet another symptom on mould exposure, especially black mould. Many repetitive nasal problems and respiratory problems can be traced to exposure to mould or mildew.

The best way to combat inhalation of mould is to step out into the fresh air. The body which has been breathing in an environment with mould and mildew can be traumatised and needs to be rejuvenated by exposure to fresh, clean air. Once the body is exposed to fresh air and oxygen the effects of the mould shall be suppressed and the body can recover. However it is important to ensure that your home and work environment is free of mould, so ensure that your immediate environment is well aired. You can also consult a specialised mould inspector and have it removed by an expert.

answered by G R

Warning: home-remedies-for-you.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. see additional information
Read more questions in Health Advice