I have black spots on my face and nose. Suggest some homemade treatment to remove it completely.
Before proceeding with remedies it is important to understand what caused these black spots. Without a proper diagnosis, a proper remedy cannot be advised. So, it will best if you consult a dermatologist, who can do a proper diagnosis and suggest appropriate remedial measures.
However, meanwhile, you can try out some of these common home remedies that are used for removing skin blemishes. Now, before using these home remedies, you should understand that these home remedies cannot completely remove the black spots. At best, they can help lighten the black spots and make them fade away a bit. And for that too you may need to use these remedies regularly for a considerable amount of time.
- Use lemon juice: Lemon juice is very common natural bleach and is used to remove all types of skin blemishes. Use lemon juice directly on the black spots and leave it for about 15 minutes before washing off with water. You can also use a mixture of lemon juice, cucumber juice, and honey. As a replacement for lemon juice, you can also use apple cider vinegar.
- Use onion and garlic juice: Onion and garlic juice is also known to help fade skin blemishes. Use a mixture of onion and garlic juice on the black spots and leave it for about 15 minutes. Since onion and garlic has strong smell, do remember to wash off your skin thoroughly after applying them.
- Use sandalwood paste: Mix sandalwood powder with rose water, glycerin, and lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the black spots and leave until the paste dries up naturally. To remove the dried crusts of sandalwood paste, use cold water and wash off.
- Use natural scrub: To remove the dead cells from your skin, you should use a natural scrub. A natural scrub can be prepared by mixing crushed orange peel with yogurt. You can also use Fuller’s earth paste as a scrub. To use a scrub effectively, you should apply the paste on your skin and leave it to dry naturally before washing it off with water.
- Use vegetable slices: Another good remedy for removing black spots is to use freshly cut vegetable slices. Take freshly cut (preferably chilled) slices of cucumber, potato, or tomato and use them to rub on the black spots.
- Use aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel is a natural cleanser and you can use it regularly to wash your face.
answered by G M on Mar 11, 2010, 5:53:12
In order to get rid of such spots as you are describing, it is essential to know what has caused them in the first place. Any unexplained dark spots you have on any part of your skin should be necessarily examined by a doctor. Do remember that these could be an indicator of serious skin problems like skin cancer in its formative stages. So, if you have had dark spots on your skin for more than a couple of weeks, you need to remember to pay adequate attention to them. Since you have not explained the cause for these spots in any way, we will assume that they are caused by excessive suntan or sunburn.
In such cases, it is always advisable to make it a point to apply sunscreen of a Sun Protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 before stepping out of the house. This will protect your skin from the harmful effect of the sun's rays. You should also try to get a facial done about once a month in order to smoothen out your skin tone. To begin with, you can get a facial twice a month. After your notice a difference, make it once a month. On a daily basis, you should cleanse your skin every night before going to bed. You can also apply aloe vera gel to your spots in order to get rid of them
answered by G M on May 5, 2008, 4:45:55
What exactly are these black spots on your face? If you do not know what is causing them, you should visit your doctor, as you will need to find out what is causing them in order to stop their development and possibly get rid of the ones that have already developed.
If the black spots you refer to are scars that have been left by pimples or some other infection, then unfortunately there is nothing much that you can do to get rid of them. Scars are extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of completely. There is no known treatment to get rid of scars apart from surgery, which of course is needed only for severe scars. At the most, your scars will slowly fade over time, so you will just need to be patient. There is however no harm in trying some home remedies - vitamin E oil and aloe vera gel are helpful in treating most skin problems, so they help the scars to fade more quickly. In addition, avoid using any harsh products on your skin, as they will damage your skin further and slow the healing process. If you are still suffering from pimples, you should avoid scratching or plucking them, as this will cause infection and more black spots.
answered by G R on Apr 9, 2008, 2:06:49
Read more questions in Health Advice