Read on the following home remedies for snoring:
- Overweight and serene lifestyle can trigger snoring. Excessive fat around the chest and neck can exert pressure on the muscles that control the breathing. So, if you are overweight shed down your weight and involve yourself in physical activity.
- Stretching, walking and jogging are the best exercises for eliminating snoring. This will help in toning your muscles, resulting in prevention of respiratory tract congestion.
- Avoid use of sedatives and alcohol as these can worsen the condition. Sedatives aid in depressing the central nervous system and relaxing the muscles.
- Quit smoking as smoking can result in increased congestion in the throat and nose, resulting in inflammation of the upper air passage.
- Change your sleeping posture. Don’t sleep on your back because this narrows the air passage.
- Sleeping on your stomach will help in reducing the exerted pressure on the airway passage.
- Sleep with your torso raised.
- Use a firm mattress to keep your head straight while sleeping.
- Half a cup of milk before going to bed is very beneficial for eliminating snoring.
- Eating yogurt daily helps with the snoring.
- Eating one slice of bread before going to bed also helps.
- Avoid drinking coffee or alcohol before going off to bed.
- Eucalyptus tea is an excellent remedy for snoring.
answered by J on Feb 28, 2008, 3:40:30